I knew this week would be a bit hectic so I asked Ashley from Sugar Mama Bakeshop to guest post for me today! She’s sharing a delish recipe for Peanut Butter Crispies!
Thanks Ashley 🙂
Hey again, I’m Ashley! I’m a wife, a mama & a baker. I also blog over at Sugar Mama Bakeshop. I guest posted on The Vanilla Tulip awhile back and shared some tips for how to feed your family gluten free & vegan on a seriously tight budget.
(My husband and I before I chopped my hair waaay off 🙂
Today I’m super excited to be back and I have a recipe to share!
Peanut butter rice crispies are one of my all time favorites! But since they’re packed with butter and marshmallows I can’t ever have them anymore… So I created a new version that fits my diet AND I actually love them better! Plus they have actual nutritional value, not just sugar. That’s always a nice benefit 🙂
Peanut Butter Crispies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 3 1/2 cups rice crispy cereal (gluten free)
- 1 cup melted chocolate chips
- In a large glass bowl melt the peanut butter and agave in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth and then stir in the cereal.
- Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray and spread mixture into pan.
- Put into freezer for about 20 minutes to set before adding chocolate.
- Melt chocolate for 1 minute in microwave and then stir.
- Continue to melt the chocolate at 30 second intervals until smooth (I add 1 TB shortening to make it smoother).
- Pour chocolate on top of crispy mixture and spread over the entire pan.
- Put back in the freezer or fridge to set and then enjoy!
Just about as simple as it gets but dang, we love them!
I hope you do too 🙂
Hop on over and visit me.
I have lots of other recipes, like my fave scones plus adventures with my baby girl, Lily, and lots of farmers market updates!
I would love to see you!