These 6 Week Bran Muffins are the perfect recipe to have on hand when you are wanting an easy and hot breakfast. The batter makes four dozen muffins and is stored in your fridge to bake up any time!
These Bran Muffins are a family favorite in our home. The muffins themselves don’t last 6 weeks, instead it’s the muffin batter! You mix it up and can store it in your fridge for up to 6 weeks. When you’re ready for hot muffins, just scoop out what you need and pop the rest of the batter back into the fridge.
I love making these muffins for the start of a new school year. Having an easy and hot breakfast is always a win in my book! They also make for a delicious afternoon snack!
The batter will last in your fridge for up to 6 weeks. Although, I have never made it to the 6 week mark because we usually end up using the entire bowl of batter around the 1 week mark. They’re THAT good!
- Bran Cereal (with or without raisins)
- Avocado Oil (I prefer this for my baking. But you can also use Vegetable Oil)
- Baking Soda
- Make sure you have a large bowl with a lid.
- In the large bowl, beat together your sugar and eggs until they’re combined.
- Stir the eggs, sugar, flour, oil, baking soda and salt into your cereal and buttermilk mixture.
- Put the lid on top and refrigerate at least 6 hours before using.
- Scoop out what you need and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
You can get 4 dozen regular sized muffins out of the entire recipe.
No! Only the batter lasts for 6 weeks in your refrigerator.
You can totally use Raisin Bran! My crew prefers the bran muffins without raisins. I will just use the store brand of bran cereal flakes.
No. The bran cereal will still be too dry. I highly recommend letting the batter sit in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before baking.
I prefer using avocado oil in all of my baking. But you’re welcome to use whatever kind you like!
6 Week Bran Muffins
- Large Bowl with Lid
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 6 cups bran cereal
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup avocado oil (vegetable oil works as well)
- 5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large bowl (with a lid!), beat the eggs and sugar until they are well combined.
- Stir in the buttermilk, cereal, flour, oil, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Refrigerate the batter at least 6 hours before using.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease your muffin tin and fill two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes.
- The batter may be stored (covered) in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.