These Garlic Bread Twists are easy to whip up in under an hour! They look impressive and are absolutely delicious paired with your favorite soup or pasta. Enjoy!
Garlic Bread Twists
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp active-dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 ½-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup garlic spread/butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add in your warm water, dry yeast and sugar. Let it sit for a few minutes or until there is a foam on top. This foam lets us know our yeast is activated and ready to go! If you don't have a foam, start this process over. DO NOT PROCEED until you have a foamy liquid. Your water needs to be a touch water than what you would put in a baby bottle.
- Stir in your honey, melted salted butter, milk and salt. Mix well.
- Add in 3 1/2 cups of flour. Mix until everything is combined. Add in 1/4 cup more flour at a time until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch (only use up to 4 cups of flour total).
- Mix at low speed for another 5 minutes. Cover the dough ball with a towel and let it rise for 15 minutes.
- Dump the dough out onto a floured surface. Roll it into a rectangle. Spread the garlic spread over the entire rectangle. Fold each long end of the rectangle in to meet at the middle. You will be covering the spread garlic butter.
- With a pizza cutter or knife, cut 12 strips of dough. Tie each strip in a knot like you would a shoe lace. Tuck the ends underneath and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
- Brush with butter and serve!