Hi, I’m Ashley!
I’m the blogger behind The Vanilla Tulip Blog. Welcome to my little space here on the web!
Here on The Vanilla Tulip Blog you’ll find our favorite family recipes, homeschooling encouragement (including what homeschool curriculum we use), hobby farm tips and thrifty home inspiration.
I am married to my college sweetheart and we have seven children (with an eighth due in January!). We live on a small hobby farm in Texas and are in our 9th year of homeschooling. You can read about our homeschooling journey here.
I began blogging when my oldest daughter was a baby. I blogged seriously for many years and created an online presence that helped to bring in an extra income for our family (my husband was a high-school football coach at the time). In 2012 I started an Instagram account that slowly took the place of my blogging career. January of 2021, my entire Instagram account of 50K was deleted without any warning and I was left figuring out what my next step was for my business. I had been considering picking the blog back up for many months, and the abrupt cancellation of my Instagram account sealed the deal.
I am so excited to continue sharing more over the next year. My prayer is that you will leave my blog feeling encouraged and excited to love well on those around you.
Thank you for being here and I can’t wait to connect!
A Few Random Facts
A Few Random Facts:
- The Vanilla Tulip was the blog name I created back in 2010.
A little nod to my Dutch heritage.
- I was homeschooled K-12.
- I met Travis (my husband) in college at Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, MO. I was there on a music scholarship and he was a Texas boy there on a football scholarship.
- I love making food for my family and others! There is something so special about creating a meal that others can gather around and enjoy.
- I have always loved working and creating. I started my first business at the age of 9- a hand stamped Christmas card company.
- In 2019 I started a homeschool community called Home+Haven Homeschool Community. It’s been an unexpected blessing that the Lord truly orchestrated.
- Even though we have a large family, we are not Mormon. We are Bible Believing Christians who attend a Southern Baptist Church.
Time with Family
Morning Quiet Time
A Good Cup of Coffee
New School Supplies
All Things Fall/Winter
The Smell of Sunscreen
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!
My email list is always the first to know any updates or to receive freebies.
Make sure to click below to hop on my email list!
Free Homeschool Curriculum Planning Page
In addition to free homeschool resources and homeschool blog posts, I offer products through my shop called
The Homeschool Market. You will find printables for my Homeschool Planner, Sight Word Flash Cards, Bible Verse Flash Cards and more!
THE HOMESCHOOL MARKET
Sight Word Flash Cards
Bible Verse Flash Cards
Mini Unit Studies