Parker House Rolls
The most delicious buttery Parker Roll you've ever eat!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp yeast
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 3 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp butter, melted for brushing on rolls
- In a sauce pan, bring the milk and sugar to a low simmer. Stir frequently until the sugar dissolves. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter until it melts completely.
- In your mixer, combine all the ingredients. Only use HALF the flour. Mix until the first half of the flour is mixed in. Then slowly add the rest of the flour until the dough is smooth. Knead on slow speed for around 5 minutes.
- Place a tea towel over your bowl and set somewhere warm. Let it rise for around an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Take your dough out of the bowl and place on a floured surface. Divide the dough in half. Roll each piece of dough into a rectangle. Fold the long sides of the rectangle into the center of the dough. Cut down the seam. From there cut out 12 rolls per rectangle. See photos for detailed instructions.
- Place the rolls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cover with a clean tea towel and let rise until puffy.
- Bake the rolls in a 350 degree oven for around 20 minutes. Brush them with butter and enjoy!