This Lasagna Soup is a family favorite! It has all the flavors of lasagna without the the mess of making it! Creamy and delicious! Perfect with a slice of french bread!
This creamy lasagna soup is delicious and can be made in one pot!
- 1 pound ground sausage
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 boxes chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- ½ cup heavy cream (or a little more if you like things decadent!)
- shaved parmesan for serving
- fresh basil for serving
- In a big pot, brown the ground sausage and red onion together.
- Once they're browned, add in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, italian seasoning and salt. Stir well.
- Break up the lasagna noodles into small pieces and put in the broth mixture.
- Simmer on medium high heat until the noodles are soft enough to eat. Take off the heat.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Top with shaved parmesan and fresh basil. Enjoy!