This PANCAKE MIX COFFEE CAKE is one of our favorite family recipes. It‘s easy to whip on the weekend using ingredients you already have in your pantry. It bakes quickly and will be a perfect fit in your easy breakfast recipes!
The Perfect Easy Breakfast Recipe
I have been making this Pancake Mix Coffee Cake for years and it still remains one of our favorite breakfast recipes. It can be put together in just 5 minutes and bakes in 20-25 minutes. I love this recipe because I always have the ingredients on hand in my pantry.
This recipe makes a 9×13 sized pan of coffee cake. For our large family, I’ll usually double the recipe.
- Pancake Mix
- Oil (I prefer to use avocado, but you can substitute for vegetable)
- Brown Sugar
Yes! If you aren’t a fan of cinnamon (or maybe don’t have it on hand), you can absolutely omit the cinnamon from the topping of this recipe.
Yes! One of my favorite twists on this recipe is to add frozen or fresh blueberries to the batter. Add as many or as few as you like to the batter before you bake.
This recipe makes a 9×13 pan. For our large family, I usually double the recipe. My kids love any of the leftovers for a snack later in the day.
Yes! It bakes in 20-25 minutes.
I will use whatever pancake mix I have on hand or that you prefer.
Pancake Mix Coffee Cake
- 2 cups pancake mix
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup oil. ***ADD 1 EGG!!! My recipe list isn't allowing me to update**
- ¾ cup oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. butter softened
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Spray or rub butter in a 9×13 pan.
- In a bowl mix together your pancake mix, sugar, milk, oil and egg. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into your 9×13 pan.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together your oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and softened butter until you have a crumbly topping. Sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until your coffee cake is done in the middle. You can insert a knife to check if it is done.