37 KJV Thanksgiving Bible Verses
A gathering of 37 KJV Thanksgiving Bible Verses for your Thanksgiving season. As well as practical tips and ideas on how to incorporate those verses into your Thanksgiving season.
Traditions are so important to me. I am so thankful to have grown up in a family that has passed down traditions, and that I am able to pass them onto my own children as they grow. I also love creating new traditions in our home to pass on to my crew. And one of my favorite traditions is using Thanksgiving Bible Verses in our home throughout the holiday season.
I think it’s also so important to create traditions and rituals for the seasons of hard times. There will come times that are painful or stressful, and if we are resting in God’s Word during the holidays, we will find it so much easier to sit in thankfulness, no matter what comes.
The Bible is such a helpful tool to grow thanksgiving and gratefulness in our hearts. And, there are so many ways that you can incorporate them into your Thanksgiving traditions as a family. I’ve put together some ideas on how to use Thanksgiving Bible Verses in your own home for you, as well as a big list of some of my favorite Bible verses on thanksgiving for you to pull from.
In Your Morning Devotions
- The holidays are a busy time for us all, and can oftentimes be stressful and distracting. Having a list of Scripture to meditate on each day will help you stay centered on truth and to find thankfulness throughout your days. This time is a time we need to stay consistent in even in the busy.
At the Breakfast Table
- In the same way that we as mamas can find the holidays busy and distracting, our kids can too. I love sitting down with my crew as they eat breakfast and go over a Scripture together. You can just read it to them, pray it with them, or even have a discussion around it! It’s a great way to center your kids’ hearts each day and help to cultivate thankfulness for them, too.
During School or Craft Time
- I love incorporating Bible verses throughout our school days, especially around the holidays. One creative way I like to do this is by printing off Bible verse coloring pages. You can find all sorts of printable Thanksgiving Bible Verse coloring pages with just a quick search on Pinterest!
At the Dinner Table
- Just like at the breakfast table, the dinner table is also the perfect opportunity to share Thanksgiving Bible Verses together as a family as you see God’s tangible provision right in front of you. Reading one together each night when you are all gathered around the table before you eat is such a special tradition. You can also read it after you finish eating, before everyone goes their separate ways!
- Just as it’s such a gift to begin your holiday days with Scripture, I love the idea of ending them with the Bible as well. You can pick an individual scripture to read together with your family before bedtime each night, or you can read through the Psalms–throughout the Psalms the common theme found is filled with songs of praise, thanksgiving, and gratefulness!
Memorize Scripture Together
- Memorizing Bible verses as a family is something I love to do. In fact, I love it so much, I started a Bible Verse Memory Club! Choosing a few Bible verses focused on thanksgiving and gratefulness to memorize together as a family is a great way to grow in both thankfulness and closeness as a family.
On Thanksgiving Day
- What better day is there to share Thanksgiving Bible Verses than on Thanksgiving Day! Reading a Bible verse together before you pray for your meal is such a special thing to do. You can even follow it up with having everyone share one thing they are thankful for during the meal. This is such a simple but special thing to do together–listening to what your kids share will for sure be wonderful memories for years to come.
Meaningful Thanksgiving Bible Verses (King James Version) Inspiration List
- Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. – 1 Chronicles 16:8
- O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever. – 1 Chronicles 16:34
- And they sang together by course in praising and given thanks unto the Lord; because he is good, for his mercy endureth forever toward Israel. – Ezra 3:11a
- I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness; and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high. – Psalm 7:17
- I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvelous works. – Psalm 9:1
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Psalm 23:4-5
- The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. – Psalm 28:7
- Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High. – Psalm 50:14
- I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. – Psalm 69:30
- O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. – Psalm 95:2-3
- Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. – Psalm 100
- O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. – Psalm 107:1
- Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. – Psalm 107:8-9
- What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? – Psalm 116:12
- I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord. – Psalm 116:17
- O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever. – Psalm 136:1-3
- And in that day though shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though though wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my son; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee. – Isaiah 12
- The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the Lord of hosts: for the Lord is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the Lord. – Lamentations 3:23
- They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. – Lamentations 3:23
- But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord. – Jonah 2:9
- Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. – 2 Corinthians 2:14
- For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. – 2 Corinthians 4:15
- Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. For the administration of this service not only suppliety the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God. – 2 Corinthians 9:11-12
- Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. – Ephesians 5:19-20
- Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ. – Philippians 4:6-7
- And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. – Colossians 3:15
- And whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. – Colossians 3:17
- Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with Thanksgiving. – Colossians 4:2
- Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men. – 1 Timothy 2:1
- For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving. For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. – 1 Timothy 4:4-5
- Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. – Hebrews 13:15
- By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. – Hebrews 13:15
- Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness; come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God; it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and something down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. – James 1:17
- And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshiped God, Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. – Revelation 7:11-12
- And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to they thy great power, and hast reigned. – Revelation 11:16-17
I hope these verses and reminders of when to use them this holiday season bring your family encouragement and a deep closeness to our God and his living Word.
I’m so glad I’m not the only one who starts thinking about Thanksgiving in August! In my heart, it’s always autumn.
Right?! I’m so excited for it!