It’s that time of year where we start to think through our Christmas shopping lists! This year we have a baby due the first week in January, which means I need to be on the ball about getting my Christmas shopping done on time.
During the holidays one of the questions I receive the most is “what Christmas traditions do you have?” and “how do you give gifts?”.
I thought I would share some of my favorite gifts to give boys, girls, men and women. And also share a few of our favorite Christmas traditions below!
We don’t have a rule of thumb when it comes to gifting. Typically we’ll do a larger gift and a 2-3 smaller gifts as well.
Stockings are a big deal in our home and they’re what everyone looks forward to the most! We open them up first thing on Christmas morning once everyone has woken up.
There is something so special about sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee watching the kids dig into their stockings!
Growing up we all had hand made stockings that my mom and Grandma made. We have carried on this tradition into our family and our stockings are my favorite Christmas decoration!
I’ve listed a few below that you can see for reference. We typically use the Bucilla stocking kit brand.
They’re a beautiful heirloom that our kids will take with them when they leave the house. Each stocking typically takes 30-40 hours to make (my mom timed herself one winter making one).
Whenever a new baby comes along, we’ll pick out a stocking and start making it before they’re born. It’s a sweet tradition that I love!
Top 5 Gifts Purchased
I always find it fascinating to see what everyone is purchasing! I thought I would share the top 5 gifts that have been purchased through my Christmas Gift Guide and Stocking Stuffer recommendations.
- Paint by Number: this is the perfect gift for any teen or woman in your life! My girls have both loved them in years past!
- Mini Sketch Pads: I am popping these into stockings this year with some fun crayons and pens! My kids love to write and draw!
- Paper Airplanes: my big boys received these in their stockings last year and they were a hit!
- Neck and Back Massager: this thing is incredible!!! It doesn’t just do an annoying and light rub, it really gets into those deep knots on your back. I highly recommend!
- Water Arcade: my kids love little games like this! They’re each getting one in their stocking this year.
Gift Guide for Girls
This little gift guide for girls is geared more towards elementary and teen ages (my girls are 8 and 13). Sometimes those age groups can feel a little daunting to shop for.
My girls love to create and craft! These gift suggestions are perfect if you are wanting ideas that don’t revolve around technology.
- BUILD A MINI GREEN HOUSE: Emma received this mini green house kit last year and loved it! It was a more advanced gift that would be perfect for teenage girls. Every little detail on it had to be put together and the finished project was beautiful! It even comes with little lights that you can add to the inside of your greenhouse.
- Build a Fairy Garden Kit: this was one that caught my eye for any aged girl! My girls love to make little scenes and this Fairy Garden Kit would be perfect for any aged girl!
- Paint by Number: my girls have both loved doing various paint by number projects over the past few years. This Paint by Number owl would be a fun gift for older girls!
- Mandie Collection Books: if you have a girl who loves to read, I HIGHLY recommend getting the Mandie Collection books! I read them as a little girl and both of my girls have enjoyed them too. They’re a fun mystery series that’s set in the late 1800s.
- Beading Set: both of my girls love to make beaded bracelets! This set comes with everything they would need to make quite a few fun bracelets!
- Personalized Journal Set: is there anything better than getting your own journal to write in?! I bought one of these personalized journal sets for both of my girls. They’re going to love customizing them!
Gift Guide for Boys
As a mama to five boys (ages ranging from almost 2 to 12), I love finding gifts for boys that spark their imagination! We don’t do a ton of technology in our home (really, none at all besides tv).
These gifts are perfect for your younger boys (and girls) and also older boys. I hope this helps to get your wheels spinning as you’re shopping!
- Dinosaur Race Track:
- Dinosaur Fossil Eggs:
- Snap Circuit Set:
- Wooden Train Set:
- Nerf Vest Kit:
- Straw Builders Set:
Gift Guide for Men
The gift guide for men is going to be a fairly simple one. All the things that I know my husband, brothers or dad would love!
They’re manly men who aren’t big on things or gifts. So, if you have men like that in your life… this gift guide is for you!
- Carhartt Leather Gloves: all of the men in my life love a good pair of leather gloves to work with. These would be a great gift for any man!
- Multi-Purpose Tool: a great gift to give if they don’t already have one!
- Yeti Travel Mug: my husband is on the road quite a bit with work. He loves having a travel mug to keep his coffee hot.
Gift Guide for Women
If you’re shopping for your mom, sisters, friends or even wanting to give suggestions for yourself, then this gift guide is for you!
I’ve compiled a few of my very favorite things that would make lovely gifts for any women in your life.
- Favorite Skincare Products: I’ve been using Beautycounter products for over 3 years now and LOVE them! This little Holiday pack (grab it before it sells out) comes with my favorite Overnight Resurfacing Peel and All Bright C Serum. Both products are excellent for brightening overall skin tone. What woman wouldn’t love that?!
- Ceramic Travel Mug: I prefer drinking my coffee out of a regular mug. I normally steer clear of a typical travel mug if we are on the go (I think it makes the coffee taste weird). This Ceramic Travel Mug is one of my favorite purchases this past year. It keeps my coffee hot, has a great lid and also makes it taste like normal coffee (anyone else with me on this?!).
- Favorite Winter Boots: I’ve had these boots for over five years now and still love them! They’re perfect to wear out and about on rainy or wintery mix days (not a lot of snow here in Texas).
- Heated Neck and Shoulder Massager: my friend recommended this earlier in the year and I am so glad she did! I hold a lot of my stress in my shoulders and neck and this massager melts it away. Highly recommend!
- Gel Nail Kit: this is a super fun kit that is perfect for yourself or a teen daughter! I love having painted nails, but prefer gel to regular polish because it holds up better.
- Heated Milk Frother: another recommendation from a friend! I bought it a few months ago and use it often. It makes the best hot or cold milk froth for your drinks. My kids also love to use it to make yummy hot cocoa!
Artificial Christmas Trees
I love to go all out in the tree department at Christmas time. We do an artificial tree and also a real Christmas tree.
The artificial tree typically goes up the very beginning of November. I’ve included a link to the one I bought this year!
It’s a beautiful 7.5 ft. flocked tree that is pre-lit. My previous artificial tree had bit the dust last year.
Every year after Thanksgiving we go to a local Christmas tree farm to cut down our real Christmas tree. It’s a sweet tradition that we have carried on every year since my husband and I were newlyweds.
- Flocked Artificial Christmas Tree: I bought this tree this year and absolutely LOVE it! It’s the perfect size and doesn’t look super “fake”. Highly recommend if you’re in the market for a new artificial tree.
- Star Tree Topper: I bought this star topper last year and it was absolutely gorgeous! A fun change from a traditional tree topper.
Favorite Christmas Garlands
Favorite Christmas Decor
One of my favorite ways to decorate around my home for Christmas is to use assorted strands of greenery and beads. I’ve linked a few of my favorites below!
I also love having bakers twine and bottle brush trees on hand at all times as well. The bottle brush trees are perfect for creating little scenes around your home.
Place them in jars with fake snow to make little snow globes, set them next to a favorite picture frame, etc. They add instant Christmas to any area!
And the red baking twine is just a great item to have on hand during the holidays. I love using it to tie on ornaments or adding to gift tags.