This delicious Breakfast Pizza recipe has a crust of crescent rolls and is topped with ground sausage, scrambled eggs, O’Brien hash browns and shredded cheese. It’s the perfect dish to serve up for a weekend breakfast or a quick week night dinner!
We adore this breakfast pizza recipe! I love making a hot breakfast for my crew, and often I am making our favorite coffee cake or muffins, but every now and then everyone enjoys this easy breakfast pizza, another family favorite! It is a great change up to add in some savory to our breakfast!
This recipe makes for a great weekend breakfast! I love how easy the crescent roll crust makes this an easy breakfast pizza recipe. You can easily find all the ingredients needed at your local grocery store.
There is the option to make your own pizza dough if you so desire. There are many easy pizza dough recipes available. We just love the flakey fluffy pizza crust that the crescent rolls creates!
Like with any pizza recipe, this homemade breakfast pizza can be make a variety of ways. There is no one delicious way to make this recipe because everyone likes a little something different on their pizzas!
Feel free to mix it up and change it to your family’s liking in all the different ways by adding your favorite toppings!
What is Breakfast Pizza?
Breakfast pizza is a savory style breakfast dish. The crust is made of crescent rolls and then topped with sausage, hash browns, cheddar cheese and eggs.
Ingredients for Breakfast Pizza
- Ground Breakfast Sausage: you can use a mild ground sausage or a spicier ground breakfast sausage if you prefer
- Crescent Rolls:
- Shredded or Diced O’Brien Hash Brown Potatoes: diced hash brown potatoes or shredded hash browns work great for this breakfast pizza recipe
- Shredded Cheese: I prefer using a shredded cheddar cheese, but any shredded cheese works well.
- Milk: whole milk works best because it’s creamy.
How to make Breakfast Pizza
- Brown the ground breakfast sausage
- Roll out the crescent rolls onto a baking sheet to create the pizza crust
- Sprinkle the ground sausage, hash browns and cheese over the crescent rolls
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Pour the egg mixture over the breakfast pizza
- Bake the breakfast pizza in the oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes
Why you’ll love this Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- Flavor: the simple flavors of this dish will make it a crowd pleaser!
- Make ahead: this is a great recipe to make if you’re needing to prep something the night before. Just make it and pop it in the fridge overnight until you’re ready to bake.
- Simple: there aren’t any crazy ingredients in this dish. Just a few staples and you’ve got a delicious breakfast to serve.
Making the Breakfast Pizza ahead of time
I love this recipe because you’re able to prepare it the night before. Put the recipe together and then cover with plastic wrap. Pop it into the fridge until the next morning.
When you wake up, preheat the oven and put the Breakfast Casserole in the oven to bake. Easy peasy!
This is a great breakfast option if you have company in town and want to serve a delicious hot breakfast. Serve it with fruit and orange juice for a crowd pleasing meal!
This warm flakey breakfast dish can be modified to your liking by adding additional toppings when you sprinkle on the hash browns and cheese. Be sure to chop up your toppings so they can be evenly distributed across the delicious breakfast pizza!
You can easily make this breakfast pizza in a casserole dish if needed. While I have not tried it on a pizza stone yet, that could also be a great option as long as you make sure your egg mixture doesn’t run off your pizza stone. Another option would be to bake on the pizza stone without the egg mixture, and then at end add some scrambled eggs on the top!
If you are a vegetarian you can also just make this into a simple cheese breakfast pizza by leaving off the meat. You can also add some additional vegetables to make it more hearty!
Optional Toppings for Breakfast Pizza
- Bacon Bits
- Red Peppers
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Crispy Bacon
- Green Onions
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Goat Cheese
- Extra Sausage
- Cherry Tomatoes
I hope you enjoy this breakfast recipe as much as we do! The slow mornings always invite a warm hearty breakfast for my family, especially on the weekends! Be sure to let me know if you try it, and what additional toppings you have added to make it your own!
- 1 16 oz Breakfast Sausage
- 1 tube Crescent Rolls
- 1 ½ cups Diced or Shredded O'Brien Potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Brown the ground sausage in a pan over medium heat. Make sure to use a spatula to break the ground sausage up as finely as possible. Once browned, take off the heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On top of a 9×12 cookie sheet, roll out the crescent roll dough. Press the crescent roll dough flat making sure the seams are pressed together. Press the sides up to create a crust.
- Sprinkle the browned sausage over the pressed crust. Then sprinkle on the hashbrowns and shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour the whisked eggs over the entire breakfast pizza.
- Bake the breakfast pizza in the oven at 375° for 25 minutes.