A complete Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide for the whole family. Stocking fillers, stocking stuffer ideas for kids, teens, women and men.
If you are looking for Stocking Stuffer ideas for your family, I’ve got you covered! Over the next few days I’ll be updating this post with stocking stuffer ideas for kids, stocking stuffer ideas for teens, stocking filler ideas for women and stocking stuffer ideas for men.
Growing up, stockings were the main Christmas morning event in our home. My mom always did such a creative job filling our stockings with little toys, trinkets and candy we normally wouldn’t get.
She individually wrapped each gift in wrapping paper and we would take our time early Christmas morning unwrapping each gift.
Now that I’m a mama of 7, we have carried on this same tradition in our home. The kids wake up first thing, my husband and I will bring our coffee to the living room and then we’ll watch the kids open up their stockings.
My mom and Grandma also started the tradition of handmade stockings. We have carried that tradition into our own home. You can read about our stockings here.
Each stocking takes around 40ish hours to make. They’re a labor of love and so special! The kits that we use are here.
I love decorating our mantle for the holidays with lots of greenery and homemade garlands. You can see everything that I use in this post.
Stocking Stuffers for Kids
I’ve compiled a variety of stocking stuffers that would be perfect for most children. A few of these I have gifted in years past and a few of the items my kids will be receiving in their stockings this year.
My goal is to always give stocking stuffers that will be treats that we normally otherwise wouldn’t splurge on. Crafts, toys and candy that they aren’t typically getting during the year.
I also love stocking stuffers that will entertain the kids for awhile! Lots of crafts, small games, imaginative toys and more!
- Watercolor Paint Set: This is the perfect sized watercolor paint set to slip into a stocking.
- Crayon Rocks: These crayon rocks are like a little treasure for them to discover as well as play with throughout the day.
- Twig Colored Pencils: I gifted these twig colored pencils last year and my kids loved them!
- Mini Sketch Pads: To go along with the water colors, crayon rocks and twig colored pencils- I also added Mini Sketch Pads to their stockings. These are the perfect size to slip right into a stocking.
- Paper Airplane Set: My big boys love making paper airplanes. They received these paper airplane sets in their stockings last year and it brought hours of fun.
- Glow in the Dark Slime: If you’re feeling brave enough to bring slime into your house, then this was a whole set of glow in the dark slime. I will give each kids 2 things of slime to play with.
- Water Arcade: We don’t do a ton of technology in our home (minus tv), so these water arcades are the perfect solution! I think my kids are going to love them!
- Mini Binoculars: If you have a kiddo who loves being outdoors, these mini binoculars would be a fun addition. I bought them a few months ago as a gift and the quality is excellent!
- Farting Pen: As a mother of 5 boys, it’s inevitable that potty talk and noises be kept at bay. And quite honestly… it all makes me laugh too. My big boys are going to get a kick out of this farting pen that will be in their stockings this year. Life is too short not to laugh 🙂
- Swiss Army Knife: My big boys will also be excited to each find a little swiss army knife in their stocking!
- LED Stocking Hat: With the days being shorter, my kids love playing outside after dark on the trampoline or in the yard. These LED stocking hats would be a fun gift!
- Flying Hover Ball: These Flying Hover Balls were a hit 2 years ago in their stockings. This is a 3 pack if you have multiple children.
- Water Coloring Book: if you have little ones who love to color but tend to color on everything BUT the paper, these water coloring books are a sweet stocking addition!
- 7 Inch Dinosaur: my little boys are all obsessed with dinosaurs. I bought this pack to divide up between their stockings.
- Playfoam Build a Snowman: if you live in an area where there isn’t as much snow (like Texas), these snowman would be fun to add to stockings!
- LiquiPen: I bought 2 packs of these to divvy up between the big kids stockings.
- Wooden Brain Teaser: I have a few kids who love doing little brain teasers and puzzles. This is the perfect size to slip into a stocking.
- Dino Pull Back Car: These were a stocking stuffer from last year and my little boys (well, really ALL of my kids) loved them! You pull them back and can race them.
- Gyro Wheel: I’m adding these Gyro Wheels to stockings this year. They come in a 3 pack for easy divvying up.
- Harmonica: One of my kids got a harmonica in their stocking a few years ago and it was a big hit! Perfect for any child who loves playing instruments!
Stocking Stuffers for Teens
Teens can sometimes feel a little tricky to shop for. I’ve pulled together a few stocking stuffers that I think any teen would love!
I purchased a few things for my almost 14 year old daughter as well as a few items for my 12 1/2 year old son.
- Photo Clip String Lights: my oldest daughter (almost 14) loves to hang pictures and lights up on her bedroom wall. I think she will love finding this in her stocking on Christmas morning!
- Claw Clips: they’re in style right now and my teen daughter loves wearing them!
- Cozy Slipper Socks: any teen girl would love to slip these on while she’s relaxing at home! An easy stocking stuffer to divide among a few girls!
- Heatless Hair Curler: my teen has been using a similar version of this heatless hair curler for the past few weeks and LOVES it! You wrap your hair in it before going to bed and wake up with the perfect beach waves.
- Popsocket Wallet: we have a phone that our teen is allowed to take with her on babysitting jobs as well as to youth group events. She will love being able to carry a little cash for vending machines inside the wallet portion of this popsocket!
- Facial Cleansing Brush: my teen is going to love finding this in her stocking! She loves all things skincare and pampering.
- Amazon Gift Card: what teen wouldn’t love being able to shop Amazon on Christmas Day?!
- Apple Gift Card: another easy stocking stuffer idea!
- Camo Multi-Tool: my boys love having some sort of pocket knife or tool in their pocket at all times. This would be an excellent gift for teen boys who love the outdoors.
- Rechargable Hand Warmer: If you have teen boys who are hunters, they’ll love this rechargable hand warmer to take with them on chilly mornings!
- Camo Wallet: the perfect stocking stuffer for any teen boy!
- Portable Bluetooth Speaker: if you have a teen who loves listening to music, this portable bluetooth speaker would be a great gift to tuck into a stocking!