Taking Stock: November Edition
A little peek into what we’re up to in the month of November. The biggest news? We’re moving!
One of my favorite type of blog posts to write up are my “Taking Stock” posts. I love getting to share a bit more behind the scenes with you as the reader. Sharing things I’m making, meals we are enjoying as a family, fun updates and more.
This is actually a really big month for our family. I’ll share more in the coming weeks. But for now… we’re MOVING!
I have a whole blog post coming sharing where we’re headed and why. It’s been a whirlwind of a month. We’re moving the week of Thanksgiving, which means there are a lot of moving parts happening over here.
For now… here is the November Edition of Taking Stock. I’ll be updating this throughout the month, so make sure to check back!
Making: We have been on a homemade playdough making kick lately. The past month we have done scentless, but now that it’s November we’ll be making this Gingerbread Playdough and Peppermint Playdough.
Getting: I’ve been getting some Christmas flannel sheets for the new house. There are two things I plan on doing first when we move in. First- make the kid’s beds with cozy Christmas bedding. Second- set up little Christmas trees in their rooms. I know moving can feel a little unsettling and my hope is that having cozy bedrooms will help things to feel homey. I bought this set for the little boys, this set for the girls (only $16 and they’re SO soft!) and this set for the big boys.
Cooking: We’ll be moving the week of Thanksgiving, which means it might be a crazy time with Thanksgiving food prep. This coming weekend I’m going to be making the majority of our sides to freeze and take with us. I’ll be able to pop them into the oven on Thanksgiving morning with all the prep work done!
Below are some of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes!
- Sauteed Green Beans: These Sautéed Green Beans are the perfect savory side to just about any meal. The bacon, shallots, and lemon juice balance the fresh green beans perfectly, to create a delicious and easy healthy side dish.
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows: this is a classic, decadent side dish that is perfect for any holiday event. In this dish, mashed sweet potatoes are combined with milk, brown sugar, butter and spices, and features a delicious pecan streusel crust. And topped with mini marshmallows, of course!
- Sage Stuffing Recipe: This classic Sage Stuffing Recipe for Turkey is filled with all the savory, familiar flavors of the holidays. It’s made with dried bread cubes, savory sage seasoning and chicken broth. It’s delicious and easy, pairs so well with poultry, and makes a great side dish for any holiday meal!
- Pistachio Salad Recipe: Pistachio Salad, also easily known as Pistachio Delight, is an easy, delicious treat that has only five ingredients and takes hardly any time to whip together. Bursting with bright pineapple, creamy cool whip and marshmallow, and earthy pistachio and nut flavors, this is sure to be a crowd pleaser no matter where you take it.
- French Bread Rolls: These French Bread Rolls are a delicious and fluffy, pull-apart dinner roll. They are the perfect addition for a weeknight meal or holiday. The French Bread Rolls are buttery, tender and delicious!
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes: Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe is such a delicious and easy option! This recipe combines potatoes, lots of delicious dairy, and makes great use of the Instant Pot. They come together with minimal effort and are ready in 30 minutes.
Sipping: Every night I have a cup of hot cocoa before bed. My dear friend and neighbor brought back the best hot cocoa from her trip to Paris and I’ve been slowly sipping my way through it. If you have a favorite hot cocoa, I’m all ears!
Thinking: Thinking through my Christmas shopping lists. Normally I’ve started all of my Christmas shopping at this point. Since we are moving, I won’t start my shopping until after Thanksgiving. I’ll be sharing my Christmas gift guides in the next few weeks. I’ll have one for big boys, little boys, big girls and little girls.
One of the gifts I’m most excited about are these Yoto Players! I’ve seen several people share them and I think they’re such a fun and unique gift!
Remembering: To slow down and soak up this time. I’m really grateful for this season with my babies all in my nest. I know these years will be gone before I know it and I don’t want to miss a moment.
Looking: I’m looking forward to moving into our new home and taking the month of December to get settled. I’m also looking forward to setting up my favorite Christmas tree. Every year we do a real tree (from the Christmas tree farm) as well as an artificial tree that I leave up through January. I bought this flocked one last year and it’s absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend if you’re needing a new tree.
I’ll be updating this November Taking Stock post several times throughout the month. Make sure to come back and scroll to the bottom for updates.
Thank you for following along with the blog! I appreciate you reading more than you know!